Is it racist to be attracted to just one race? Shouldn’t we be equal-opportunity daters? This week JP and Elah are joined by Andil Gosine to discuss the intersection of race and attraction, where our racially motivated desires originate, and why race still matters in an increasingly connected world.
Andil’s latest project, Khush: A Show of Love, includes a 5-part podcast series produced by JP. The interviews tell the story of Khush, the nucleus of the Toronto gay south Asian community in the late 80s and early 90s.
Theme music by Drew Danburry, other music by:
[NOTE: Unfortunately our music provider was acquired by another company, and they no longer offer free mp3 downloads. Below are the tracks used in this week’s show.]
- Tommy Guerrero “Archaic Days”
- Jared Mees & The Grown Children “Limber Hearts”
- Charlie Hunter “Ain’t We Got Fun”
- Jared Mees & The Grown Children “Hungry Like a Tiger”
- Starfucker “Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second”