We talk to researcher Pam Epstein about personal ads from the mid 1800s to early 1900s in America. Missed connections, poetry, crypto-gay ads, s&m, and more!
- Pam’s blog is advertisingforlove.com
- Romantic readings from regular contributors Sierra & Brendan
- Music by Drew Danburry, Abigail Clarke and…
[NOTE: Unfortunately our music provider was acquired by another company, and they no longer offer free mp3 downloads. Below are the tracks used in this week’s show.]
- Marc Ribot “Delancey Waltz”
- Angel Miller “Bridge Over Troubled Water”
Image from Wisconsin Historical Images.